CONSIDERATE CLOTHING CARE FOR LONGER LIFE AND BETTER LOOKING GARMENTS
A garment from Ernst Alexis is made to last. And, like all clothing, it will last for longer if it is cared for correctly.
It is therefore important that the care instructions for each garment are followed. For example, our garments must never be tumble dried.
A shirt from Ernst Alexis must always be dried on a hanger to look as attractive as possible and our knitwear must always be dried flat. If the garment has a washing symbol with a line underneath, it means that it must be washed using a gentle wash program.
Some of our garments do not really need ironing, but when the care instructions have an iron symbol then the garment can be ironed.
A FEW TIPS ABOUT CARE INSTRUCTIONS
• Look for and always follow the symbols in the care instructions for a garment before washing it.
• Wash at the right temperature. Garments washed at too high a temperature can shrink.
• Dry the clothing in the correct way.
• Iron according to the care instructions. If the iron is too hot the garment can be damaged and if ironed too cool it will not be smooth.
• Use an appropriate amount of detergent, read the detergent packaging. Use colour detergent for coloured garments and white detergent for whites.
• Wash coloured garments with other coloured garments and white garments with other whites. Sort washing by similar colours.
• Use environmentally friendly detergent and wash several garments at the same time. It is good for the environment and for the clothes.
• For tough stains, use some form of stain remover before washing.
EXTRA CARE ADVICE KNITWEAR
• Wool garments can be washed in wool programs without spin cycle, otherwise handwashing is recommended.
• Wool garments can be washed in gentle wash programs without or only brief spin cycle.
• All knitwear must always be dried flat.